Get in Touch:

sales@lancashirenewswire.co.uk

Lancashire Newswire

Which country manufactures the most screws?

In a world dominated by Chinese manufacturing, you might be surprised to learn that Germany is the world’s largest exporter of iron fasteners, ahead of China in second position. With an export value of $5.43 Billion, and commanding 19% of all global exports, Germany is the leading exporter of iron fasteners on the planet. Despite being the largest exporter, Germany also imports iron fasteners from developing countries like India and China.
China is the second largest exporter of iron fasteners in the world with an export value of $4.53 Billion and a 16% share of exports. Europe was a leading importer of Chinese iron fasteners; however, this has been tempered in recent years by anti-dumping duties imposed on China by the EU and China now sends a higher proportion of its products to the USA and other emerging markets.
The USA accounts for $4.06 Billion of exports which is 14% of the global export market and according to information produced by the U.S. Census Bureau, major importers of the US iron fasteners are the UK, Canada, Mexico, Germany, and China. Japan has an export value of $2.63 Billion, which totals 9.2% of the world’s iron fasteners’ exports. Following its trade partnership with the US, this exportation has seen a gradual increase since 2012. After Germany, the second largest exporter of iron fasteners in Europe is Italy, with an export value of $1.69 Billion. Italy exports about 5.9% of the world’s iron fastener exports.

The World’s Largest Exporters of Iron Fasteners
Rank Country Export Value (Billions of US Dollars)
1 Germany 5.43
2 China 4.52
3 United States 4.06
4 Japan 2.63
5 Italy 1.69

What is clear by these facts and figures is that no single country dominates the market for the manufacture and export of screws and fasteners. Germany, as the leading exporter, has less than 20% of the market and the top 5 countries together have 64% of the market, still leaving 36% for the rest of the world.

For more information visit https://piranha-solutions.com/

Other stories from around the region

Rayflex group launches a new range of covid-19 products and sneeze screens.

READ THE FULL STORY >>>

Preston Technical Ltd – Launch of Exciting New Website

READ THE FULL STORY >>>

Glendale wins Prestigious £3m contract with Heathrow Airport

READ THE FULL STORY >>>

Piranha Digital goes from strength to strength

READ THE FULL STORY >>>

SUBMIT YOUR NEWS ARTICLE